Thursday, September 26, 2013

Best Sequels Ever





A list of my favourite sequels. This post was inspired by Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the Broke and the Bookish.



Hallowed by Cynthia Hand
Series: Unearthly #2

This book did an amazing job at expanding Cynthia Hand's world, deepening my attachment to the characters, and the outcome of the overall trilogy. It was an incredibly emotional read and was even better than the first!



Fire with Fire by Jenny Han
Series: Burn for Burn #2

It's one of those books I can't talk about without spoiling the story/plot. The twist ending blew my mind. I've never been so surprised.



The Runaway King by Jennifer A. Nielsen
Series: The Ascendence Trilogy #2

The False Prince is one of my favourite books ever. I had very high hopes for the sequel and Jennifer A. Nielsen had a lot to live up to. Thankfully I can say that the book was just as good as the first and the series is shaping up to be my favourite series ever. Also, one word. SAGE!



Shades of Earth by Beth Revis
Series: Across the Universe #3

Shades of Earth had everything I could ever hope for in an ending of epic proportions. There was action, mystery, underdogs, love, and more. Most of all, Beth Revis delivers a coonclusion that the series deserves by answering all the questions brought up in the previous books and bringing everything together so nicely.



The Opal Deception by Eoin Colfer
Series: Artemis Fowl #4

My favourite of the Artemis Fowl books. What I love so much about The Opal Deception is it seems so very different from the rest of the series. It takes itself much more seriously and thus there is more at stake for both Artemis and the rest of the main cast. And because Artemis struggles so much throughout the entire book it was so much easier to connect with him in this one. He seems so much more human and less cartoonish, in a way. Plus, Opal is such a kick-butt character I can't help but admire Eoin Colfer for creating her.


post signature

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these sequels, or the originals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only one I've read is Hallowed, but I would agree that it was a great sequel!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Want to find out even more about rolex replica the Mustang legacy? Follow these links to learn all about the gucci replica original pony car:Saddle up for the complete story of America's best-loved sporty car. Here's a profile chanel replica, photos, and specifications.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also the only one i have read is the hallowed, and it is a great book :D

    ReplyDelete