Monday, October 1, 2012

October TBR Pile


Today I'm showing off the books I've picked out to read in October. I decided to pick out all my books ahead of time to avoid readers anxiety. I'm also looking forward to reading some heavier books this month and balancing life/blogging/reading a lot better.


First off, my two adult reads (for review/discussion on Suddenly Books):

A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams
The Next Best Thing by Jennifer Weiner

And then my Y.A. books!

Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta (My "heavy" read)
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater (A new book)
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie (Banned Books Week)

And not in the picture:

Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clark (A review book)
A Part to Play by Jennifer L. Fry (A review book)

And because I'm crazy and have library books out I also have a maybe pile, but it's also my alternate pile in case I don't like one of the other books (but I can't imagine why I wouldn't)


Puppet by Eva Wiseman (not a library book, but needs to be reviewed on Suddenly Books)
Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton
Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally
The Best Night of Your (Pathetic) Life by Tara Altebrando
Thank you to anyone who helped me choose my reads this month!


3 comments:

  1. Ahh Assassin's Curse! That looks great. And the Raven Boys is also wonderful.

    ------
    Giselle from Book Nerd Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! About to start The Raven Boys and started Assassin's Curse yesterday, which is a faster pace then I expected.

      Delete
  2. Such an awesome list! Jellicoe is my favourite book of all time, so I'm biased in hoping you get to it soon. =) I also ADORED The Raven Boys, and Assassin's Curse was really great as well. And I can't forget Catching Jordan which I also adore. Basically: you have some awesome books to get through!

    ReplyDelete