Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Help Me Choose October Reads!

I recently re-discovered Priscilla from The Readables Youtube vlog and I love the way she chooses books to read for the month. I want to try this out for the month of October. I'm going to choose four Y.A. books and two adult books (for balance :)). Four Y.A. books is actually less than I usually read but I still have so many I have yet to review and I'm feeling I need a little more time for other things the next few months. So let's see how this works.

My problem is...I need your help choosing which books to read! So in October I want to focus on "Satisfying Reads". I need books that have lots of substance to them, like when you finished reading them you actually feel like you've accomplished something great in your life.

So what do you suggest I read? What do you want to see me review?

Possibilities for Y.A. books to read:

Banned Books Week: The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie

Something "Heavy": Help me choose between -
                               Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
                               Ashfall by Mike Mullin
                               Pathfinder by Orson Scott Card
                        (The first two sound heavy-hearted, the last one is a doorstopper!)

Something New: I need recommendations for this one - something published within the last couple months. What do you want me to review?

A review book: Help me choose:  Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clark
                                            OR  Scars by Cheryl Rainfield

My two adult reads (for chatting about/reviewing on Suddenly Books):

Classic: A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams

Contemp: The Next Best Thing by Jennifer Weiner


I'll leave this open until October and then let you all know what I'm reading.


2 comments:

  1. I just read On the Jellicoe Road a couple weeks ago so I think you should give that one a shot! It was so good! Confusing for a bit in the beginning, but so worth it to keep reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey There! I’m a fellow blogger/writer looking to meet new people and discover great blogs, and I gladly added myself to your followers and can’t wait to read more!! I’d also love to invite you to check out a great giveaway I’m having, that I think would be right up your alley!

    Hope to see you there, and thanks so much!
    Martin

    http://www.meyersauthor.com/2012/09/5000-giftcard-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete