Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday






"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


Breathe by Sarah Crossan

Release date: October 2, 2012

Inhale. Exhale. Breathe. Breathe. Breathe . . .

The world is dead.
The survivors live under the protection of Breathe, the corporation that found a way to manufacture oxygen-rich air.

ALINA
has been stealing for a long time. She’s a little jittery, but not terrified. All she knows is that she’s never been caught before. If she’s careful, it’ll be easy. If she’s careful.

QUINN
should be worried about Alina and a bit afraid for himself, too, but even though this is dangerous, it’s also the most interesting thing to happen to him in ages. It isn’t every day that the girl of your dreams asks you to rescue her.

BEA
wants to tell him that none of this is fair; they’d planned a trip together, the two of them, and she’d hoped he’d discover her out here, not another girl.

And as they walk into the Outlands with two days’ worth of oxygen in their tanks, everything they believe will be shattered. Will they be able to make it back? Will they want to?
 

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

16 comments:

  1. Wow! This one sounds a little scary! Only 2 days of oxygen? Love the cover!
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also been keeping my eye out for this one. Nice pick. Please check out my WoW.

    Thanks,

    Anna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had my eye on this one for a little while now - the cover is gorgeous and the blurb is so interesting! Luckily you don't have too long a wait for it to come out!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this sounds really interesting, I love the concept of the world this book takes place in. :)

    Thanks for stopping by at my post :D
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  5. AGH, cannot WAIT! Was really hoping to get this from Edelweiss, but requested too late. Now I'm still chewing on my fingernails with wanting! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one definitely sounds interesting; I've seen it on a few WoWs, and every time I see it I want to read it a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had my eye on this for a while. I love the cover and the story sounds crazy. I mean a company controling the air we need to breathe. CRAZY!

    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read this one awhile ago! It was okay LOL! It sounds a lot better than it was :) Hope you enjoy it more than I did!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually just got this one in the mail yesterday. It sounds really interesting and scary. Nice pick, thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting cover. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't seen this story before, but oooh, it sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've seen this one around. Gotta wait a few more months lol. Thanks for stopping by today =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm really looking forward to this one as well! It sounds really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds intriguing! Love the book cover. :)

    ReplyDelete