Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday






"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:




The Diviners by Libba Bray

Release date: September 18, 2012
Evie O'Neill has been exiled from her boring old hometown and shipped off to the bustling streets of New York City--and she is pos-i-toot-ly thrilled. New York is the city of speakeasies, shopping, and movie palaces! Soon enough, Evie is running with glamorous Ziegfield girls and rakish pickpockets. The only catch is Evie has to live with her Uncle Will, curator of The Museum of American Folklore, Superstition, and the Occult--also known as "The Museum of the Creepy Crawlies." 
When a rash of occult-based murders comes to light, Evie and her uncle are right in the thick of the investigation. And through it all, Evie has a secret: a mysterious power that could help catch the killer--if he doesn't catch her first.
 
What are you waiting on this Wednesday?
 

5 comments:

  1. Even though I haven't particularly cared for the books by this author that I've tried so far, I'm really looking forward to this! It sounds really unique. :) Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on another blog, and I have to say that I haven't tried anything from this author yet! I may have to pick this up!

    Old follower.

    Ensconced in YA
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh this one sounds so good. Hope it's worth the wait. Thanks for stopping by PTB


    ~Pixie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the eye on the cover. Great WOW choice.

    ReplyDelete