Monday, August 20, 2012

Discussion: Favourite Books Blogged



dis·cus·sion
Noun.
consideration of a question in open and usually informal debate  --Websters Dictionary
I follow several bloggers who host weekly or monthly discussions for readers/bloggers and I like to join in when I feel I have something to say. Find great topics at Misty's Book Chat, Amber's Saturday Discussion, Melissa's Let's Talk, and TBTB's Top Ten Tuesday.

This week I'm participating in Top Ten Tuesday and the theme is...Top Ten Favorite Books You've Read During The Lifespan Of Your Blog.

I have been blogging here since March 2011 and in that time I found I've had the chance to read some very good books. Looking at the recommendations from other bloggers has really helped to put the right kind of books in my hands and as a result I've had more 5-star reads in that time than I ever had before. So this list was really hard to make! I've had to widdle my choices down to just my absolute favourites. Here they are!

(in no particular order)

Divergent by Veronica Roth

My favourite book of 2011. This list would not be complete without it. Divergent had me dreaming dauntless and unable to stop talking about it and wishing for book #2!

The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen

This is by far the best book I have read so far in 2012. It gave me everything I wanted in a fantasy.

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Without Anna I wouldn't have half of the contemporary books on my TBR list as I do now. It was magical without the magic.

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

I've never felt the way about zombies as I did while reading this book. It was incredibly heartwrenching, scary, and fun all at the same time.

Shiver & Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

Werewolves! No...wait...they actually turn into wolves, not werewolves. Such an interesting and unique spin on the lore and the writing was incredibly beautiful too.

Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly

A very satisfying read. It was emotionally raw and it had one of my favourite historical eras to read about in it - the French Revolution.

Because I Am Furniture by Thalia Chaltas

This is the book that had me saying yes to all this novel-in-verse.

Flying Blind by Deborah Cooke

Just a very fun book. Plus it has dragon shape-shifters. One of my favourite paranormal creatures. I loved it so much!

Hereafter by Tara Hudson

There was so much more to this ghost story than I had expected.

Never Eighteen by Megan Bostic

I cried, I cried, I cried. If not for The False Prince, this one would be at the top of my list for favourite read of 2012.

Have you read any of these books? What were your thoughts on them? If you are participating in TTT, make sure to leave me a comment so I can see what was on your list.



11 comments:

  1. I read Divergent and The Wolves of Callas series too and loved them. I'll have to look into some of the others that you mentioned.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should. Glad you liked Divergent and the Wolves of Mercy Falls series too. I checked out your website and it's awesome. I'll definitely be looking through a bunch of your posts.

      Delete
  2. I felt the same way about The Forest of Hands and Teeth. Honestly, I even had a little tear at the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were parts I almost cried too. Didn't know I could feel that way about zombies. Awesome books!

      Delete
  3. Finally! Someone else has mentioned Carrie Ryan! I love that series sooooo much! Have you read the others? They get better with each installment! The Dark and Hollow Places is my favorite!

    Karis @YA Litwit

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read the last one yet. And I think there is a short story too I need to read. Hopefully this fall I'll get to them. I'm kind of not wanting the series to end though which is probably why it's taking me so long to get to them. Thanks for sharing your Top Ten. I checked them out and left a comment.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome list! I have read a lot of the books on you're list and I agree that they are all wonderful. Anna and the French Kiss is definitely one of my favourites too.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Following! Feel free to visit my blog.
    SeeitORreadit


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! I looked at your website and will be reading through some of your blog posts :)

      Delete
  6. Great list. The False Prince is in my TBR pile but I've got to move it up the list. So many recommendations today. I've never heard of Flying Blind before but I've a weakness for Dragons - I blame Anne McCaffrey. Going to add it to my ever expanding TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loveeeee Anna and Divergent. <3 I still need to check out The False Prince!

    ReplyDelete