Monday, July 16, 2012

Summer Reading Challenge: Progress Report



Remember when I posted about Cathy, Ashley, and I doing a Summer Reading Challenge?

It's half-way through the challenge, so guess what that means?!

Progress report!!! (notice all the exclamation marks trying to make this sound reallllly exciting?)

I've decided to do the same as Ashley and bold/link to the books I've read so far. Here's my list:


1. Getting Somewhere by Beth Neff
2. Winging It by Deborah Cooke
3. Blazing the Trail by Deborah Cooke
4. Surrender by Elana Johnson
5. Long Lankin by Lindsey Barraclough (1/3 through)
6. Temptation by Karen Ann Hopkins
7. Don't You Wish by Roxanne St. Clair
8. Starters by Lissa Price
9. Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
10. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
11. Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder
12. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
13. This One Time With Julia by David Lampson
14. How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff (started)
15. A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly
16. Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin
17. The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
18. Slide by Jill Hathaway
19. The Lifeguard by Deborah Blumenthal
20. Half Brother by Kenneth Oppel
21. Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder
22. Pathfinder by Orson Scott Card
23. Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott
24. Witchstruck by Victoria Lamb
25. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver


# of books read so far: 7

How I'm doing: I feel a little like I could have done better and read more from this list. I kept getting distracted by other juicy books. But I've read about half of my goal which was 15 books, so I still feel pretty good about that.

Want to see Ashley's progress? Click here.

Want to see Cathy's progress? (will link when/if available)


5 comments:

  1. Pretty good!! That's definitely a decent amount, and I think just getting through any number of ones we want/need to read is a good thing. This has been fun! It might be something good to keep in mind almost for all year... like every couple of months make a list and try to stick to it, at least a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you're having fun too. I was actually thinking of doing this again in the fall.

      Delete
  2. Doing good! I always change what book I'm going to read next. There's just too many good ones! I can't stay focused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do that too. I had to make the list so much bigger than my goal just so I had tons of choice...:)

      Delete
  3. Wau so much books to read? :)But how I see you are doing good. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete