Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday







"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:




Drain You by M. Beth Bloom

Release date: July 24, 2012
There’s normal, and then there’s paranormal, and neither is Quinlan Lacey’s cup of Diet Coke.

Quinn’s life is a red carpet of weird fashions, hip bands, random parties, and chilling by the pool with her on-and-off BF Libby. There’s also her boring job (minimum wage), a crushed out co-worker (way too interested), her summer plans (nada), and her parents (totally clueless). Then one night she meets gorgeous James, and Quinn’s whole world turns crazy, Technicolor, 3-D, fireworks, whatever.

But with good comes bad, and unfortunately Quinn’s new romance brings with it some majorly evil baggage. LA is crawling with gangs of the undead, all aching to drain something. Now, to make things right, Quinn has to do a lot of things wrong.

Quinn’s goal: to stay sane, cool, in love, and alive.

With a one-of-a-kind protagonist, high-fidelity friendships, wicked LA nightlife, and a restless romance, this unforgettable debut from M. Beth Bloom is perfect for fans of Heather Brewer and John Green.
 
What are you waiting on this Wednesday?
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Hahaha, this blurb sounds fantastic. If the writing of the book is the same thing, I think I'll fall head over heels. Awesome! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pick! I really LOVE the sound of this one, it's definitely being added to my TBR list. Thank you so much for sharing - have great day! :)

    Here's mine:
    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just one an arc of this one from goodreads first reads and I can't wait for it to get hear so that I can check it out. Nice choice and I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like such a fun read! I love how informal the synopsis is :-) Makes me think it will be perfect for reading at the beach or by the pool. Great choice!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW earler :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm paranormal mixed with contempt. Sounds interesting. This one's is new to me thanks for the intro. Nice pick for this weeks wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one does look interesting.

    Inky @ Book Haven Extraordinaire
    My WOW @ http://bookhavenextraordinaire.blogspot.com/2012/06/hyperventilating-on-wednesday-defiance.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the 'There’s normal, and then there’s paranormal...' LOL Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete