Saturday, April 2, 2011

Book news: Litter by Maggie Stiefvater

Theme: April Fools! (April 1-7, 2011)
Today's Book of the Day is:


 Litter by Maggie Stiefvater

Summary:

April Fools! Maggie Stiefvater played an amusing joke on her eager fans yesterday by announcing a surprise fourth book in her book series The Wolves of Mercy Falls (the first book is titled Shiver). The announcement took place on her Facebook page. Despite saying in her comments "April Fools" apparently a lot of fans were so eager to get their hands on anything else by her that they didn't see the comment and took it quite seriously. She had to make a separate announcement later retracting her surprise 4th book.

Not having read any of her books (yet) myself and rarely going on Facebook these days anyways, I'm sure hearing about this today is quite different then actually being fooled. So I'm curious. Are you a fan of Maggie on facebook? Were you fooled by her announcement? I thought it was really clever and having an actual cover that looks like it belongs in the series really makes it quite convincing. I'm very amused by this (and I hope those fooled by it were too).

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ 

Thanks for reading, and have a great day!
~Erika

14 comments:

  1. It was a clever joke, but still. When I found out it was a joke, my heart broke and now im forced with the thought of never reading another shiver book again. D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sinner is coming out next year.

      Delete
  2. This is freaking hilarious. Well done, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good article.I really think what you said is right,in modern society,we have so many troubles,if you feel nothing to relax yourself,I suggest you to play the wow and some other games,and you can come to my page to find more information about http//www.mmolive.com/ and http://www.mmohome.com/gold/Maple-Story-US.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'm not that much of Maggie Stiefvater's fan but the book was good.. I think.. I really thought there was a fourth installment, but .. Ha.. Apparently it was a joke.. A joke that was pretty convincing.. Anyway, heard they made a movie out of the book.. So, uh, who knows? Maybe it'll just as successful as Twilight.. Peace

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very nice post I found some dedicated data here I've got variant followers on twitter and that i can tell all of them concerning this as i actually assume it's nice data that additional individuals ought to see sustain the great work be back once more presently for more info visit on Best online Dymo labels

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This would have ACTUALLY been a great effing book . The hell ? She should really do it

    ReplyDelete